Mama Koala 2.0 with Bamboo Liner-10
No Insert Included!
Mama Koala 2.0 cloth diapers are designed to fit babies of all shapes and sizes, with 3x4 rise snaps and cross-over multiple waists snaps adjusting to fit 8-40lbs. That is one size that fits from birth to potty training. Waterproof and breathable TPU outer, improved design of tummy panel for stomach sleepers to "help" with leaks & accidents, super soft and stay dry athletic wicking jersey inner protects baby from moisture. The polyester diaper is less bulky under clothing and it is very quick drying.
-Waterproof Outer (TPU) - no cover is needed
-Super Soft Stay-Bamboo lining
-Tummy Panel - helps keep those top leaks down to a minimum.
-Large Back Pocket Opening - where you can put in the super absorbent insert
-Gentle Leg Elastics - contain messes & prevent leaks
-Crossover Snap Closures - for newborn fit and wrap&snap feature for soiled diapers
-Hip Snaps - prevent wing droop
-Adjustable Rise Snaps - one size (8-40lbs) with 3x4 rise snaps to customize for the perfect fit
- Wash and dry your diaper once in warm water (up to 40°C/104°F) with detergent prior to first use. Hang or tumble dry on low.
- Snap diaper rise to proper size setting.
- Select the proper insert and insert it through the pocket opening, placing it inside the diaper. For overnight use, you may put extra inserts to increase the diaper's absorbency.
- Fasten diaper to baby. Make sure no gaps around the baby's legs.
Nobody wants to see leaks from the diaper. 99% of leaks are due to size unfit, long time between changes, or insufficient absorbency. We recommend you check the fitting properly and change the diaper frequently so to mitigate the chance of leaking.
WASH AND CARE
- Washing instructions
We know that there are many ways to wash cloth diapers. Wash routines are not one size fits all. It depends on the detergent you use, your washing machines, water hardness levels, etc. Along your cloth journey, you will come up with your own system that works best for you. Below is a good example of a wash routine for that first starting out, or having issues with their own routine.
- Basic Routine
- Wash Before Wearing: All cloth diapers should be pre-washed before using so the diapers fluff up and achieve optimal softness and absorbency.
- Dump, drop, scrape, or spray solids into the toilet. For exclusively breastfed poop-it does not require any special removal. Breastmilk poop is 100% organic and will dissolve in the wash.
- Prewash with a small amount of detergent.
- Main wash: add the recommended amount of detergent for the appropriate load size.
- Cool rinse (optional).If you live in a hard water area, we do not recommend doing an extra rinse after the main wash because it might lead to a build-up of diapers.
- Tumble dry low or lay flat to dry
- Tips: The water temperature should be 40°C/104°F max in any steps. We do not recommend using free&clear or natural types of detergents because hot water is required to rinse them. However, hot water will shorten the service life of the elastics and TPU.
- Detergent recommendations
We recommend using detergents that are free from optical brighteners, fabric softeners, and dyes. Many laundry detergents have additives that can build up on cloth or cause other problems. Lots of customers recommend Tide, Gain, Purex, FOCA, etc., and they regularly see issues with Charlie's Soap, Rockin' Green, and homemade detergents. Most mainstream laundry detergents work well for cloth and these recommendations are for your reference only.
- Additional tips
To prep, for your hemp or bamboo inserts, wash them 3 to 6 times before use. This will bring out their maximum absorbency. You may or may not use detergent. Microfiber inserts only need to be washed once before use.
Store your dirty diapers in a dry pail or wet bag. Do not store it in a wet pail.
Do not soak your diapers in water, detergents, or additives. Soaking can damage the TPU (the waterproofing layer) and elastic of your diapers.